We all value our independence!
Paws’itive Teams Service Dogs program is catered for someone who is physically challenged values their independence even more, because the daily chores which we often take for granted are more difficult for someone with limited mobility. Paws’itive Teams Service Dogs trains and places dogs specifically for persons with mobility limiting disabilities.
Our Pawsitive Teams Service Dogs are trained to:
- Retrieve items dropped or out of reach
- Bring the phone in emergencies or on command
- Retrieve a wheelchair out of reach
- Put trash in containers or laundry in a basket
- Open or close doors, drawers, cupboards
- Take clothes out of the dryer
- Prevent serious falls by helping an ambulatory partner transfer
- Activate adaptive switches to aid with daily living chores
- Aid in undressing, including removal of shoes or sweatshirt
- Perform other specialized tasks required
Video: Paws’itive Teams Featured on Pet Lounge TV
Someone who is physically challenged values their independence even more, because the daily chores which we often take for granted are more difficult for someone with limited mobility. Paws’itive Teams trains and places dogs specifically for persons with mobility limiting disabilities
Note that Pawsitive Teams Service Dogs progam do not train and place dogs for the following:
- Seizure response
- Hearing alert
- Psychiatric disabilities
- Developmental disabilities
- Diabetic Alert
- Guiding for visually impaired
Privately Owned Dogs: Our structure does not enable us to work with dogs not owned by Paws’itive Teams and cannot certify dogs not trained by Paws’itive Teams’ certified trainers.
Eligibility Requirements: If you feel a service dog will significantly enhance your life and are able to answer the following questions with a Yes, we invite you to complete the on-line Pre Application for Service Dog Placement form.
- Do you live in San Diego County with no plans of moving out of the area for at least 18 months?
- Do you have a mobility limiting disability?
- Are you physically and financially able to take full responsibility for the dog after certification?
- Are you willing to commit to a four to five month transition training, meeting with a trainer three times a week during this time?
If you answered “YES” to all of these questions, go to the Pre Application for Service Dog Placement..