Types of Presentations:
Paws’itive Teams presentations provides community awareness through educational presentations in local libraries, schools and community service organizations. Our primary goal is to create a better understanding and respect for persons with physical limitations, hopefully removing barriers. We also educate the public about the role service dogs play in the lives of persons with disabilities giving them greater independence.
Presentations can include any of the following formats, based on audience:
- Showing of 5 minute video about Paws’itive Teams
- Demonstrations of service dog skills by a dog in-training
- Interactive demonstrations (audience/dog)
- Demonstration of wheelchair etiquette
- Audience practice with wheelchair – maneuvering self and/or pushing chair
- Handouts appropriate to age level of audience
Presentations held at our Training Center:
We welcome groups to come to our training center for a more in-depth presentation and tour of the facility and demonstration of service dog training methods. Sometimes this venue includes an opportunity for children to actually experience being pushed in a wheelchair or pushing someone else. This makes an ideal setting for youth groups studying disability awareness.
Typical audiences who request our presentations:
- Service Clubs (i.e. Kiwanis Club, Rotary Club)
- Women’s Clubs
- Philanthropic Groups
- Medical Facilities
- Disability Support Groups
- Girl Scout and Boy Scout Troops
- MDA Summer Camp
- Diversity Fairs
- Church Groups
- Students with Special Needs
To request a presentation, please complete our Presentation Request Form and we will contact you for scheduling.
We appreciate donations for our demonstration/presentation as it helps cover expenses for handouts and mileage. Our presenters donate their time.
Please make your check payable to Paws’itive Teams.
Donations for Presentations:
Our presenters are all volunteers. We appreciate your donation to support our mission.
Recommended minimum for small groups $50
Recommended minimum for large groups $150