Types of Presentations:
Paws’itive Teams’ provides community awareness through educational presentations for a wide variety of organizations. Our primary goal is to create a better understanding and respect for persons with a variety of limitations, hopefully removing barriers. We also educate the public about the role service dogs play in the lives of persons with disabilities, giving them greater independence.
Presentations can include any of the following formats, based on audience:
- Demonstrations of service and therapy dog skills and how they help make people more independent
- Interactive demonstrations (audience/dog)
- Demonstration of wheelchair etiquette to teach appropriate greetings when encountering a person in public using a wheelchair accompanied by a service dog.
- Audience practice with wheelchair – maneuvering self and/or pushing chair
- Handouts appropriate to age level of audience
Presentations held at our Training Center:
We welcome groups to come to our training center for a more in-depth presentation and tour of the facility and demonstration of service dog training methods. Sometimes this venue includes an opportunity for children to actually experience being pushed in a wheelchair or pushing someone else. This makes an ideal setting for youth groups studying disability awareness. All attendees will be required to sign a liability release form.
Typical audiences who request our presentations:
- Service Clubs (i.e. Kiwanis Club, Rotary Club)
- Women’s Clubs
- Philanthropic Groups
- Medical Facilities
- Disability Support Groups
- Girl Scout and Boy Scout Troops
- Diversity Fairs
- Students with Special Needs
To request a presentation, please complete our Presentation Request Form and we will contact you for scheduling.
We appreciate donations for our presentations as it helps cover expenses for handouts and mileage. Our presenters donate their time. We appreciate your donation to support our mission.
Donations for Presentations:
Recommended minimum for small groups $50
Recommended minimum for large groups $150
Please make your check payable to Paws’itive Teams.